When it comes to San Francisco events, including those catered by Handheld Catering, you have nothing to worry about. Because their annual calendar is always full, this city accommodates visitors from all over the world, which is why San Francisco event planning is far from being a rocket science. In fact, it is very travel-friendly.
Usually, when a person thinks of visiting San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge comes to mind. While this bridge is truly one of greatest wonders of the world, San Francisco has much more to offer for every personality type, from adventurous to cultural to high tech to everyday tourist.
San Francisco is a small city only seven miles long. Boasting of a population of under one million, this town is the second-most densely-populated city in the nation, earning it the nickname of “city on a hill.”
With nearly 25 million visitors arriving each year to attend a myriad of events, like those catered by Handheld Catering, there are many resources available to make your stay more than enjoyable.
If you are planning to come to the San Francisco area for an event, the first step you will want to take is to check the weather. June and July are famous for fog. April and October have the clearest skies. And remember, the ocean water is typically too cold to swim in anytime.
Other event planning facts and resources are:
- Summer attracts the largest number of visitors while Spring and Fall are not quite as busy.
- Like nearly everywhere else, hotel rates are the least expensive during the winter months, with the expectation of any type of huge event.
- Hotels near the airport are less expensive. Within the city, hotels average $244 per night and run from two-star to five-star with some being pet friendly,
- Airbnb, apartments, vacation rentals, hostels and bed and breakfasts are in abundance
- San Francisco has more restaurants per capita than any other major city in the nation so, when it comes to fine dining or fast food meals, the options are endless.
- San Francisco is sometimes referred to as “a collection of villages,” as in Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Union Square and Golden Gate Park. In addition, there is Nob Hill, the Castro District, Haight-Ashbury and Japantown. Other attractions include Alcatraz Island, AT&T Park, Lands End and the many Walking Tours
- Because of its small size, San Francisco is one of the easiest cities to navigate, using cable cars, public transportation and ride-sharing
Handheld Catering partners with many of the events in the San Francisco area. We
pride ourselves in providing high quality culinary experiences at every event we cater and enjoy meeting so many satisfied visitors who delight in visiting this unforgettable town.
Feel free to contact us today at Handheld Catering at 408-692-4782 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any help you might need regarding your next San Francisco event.
The post Planning Your Stay: Visiting the Bay Area for an Event appeared first on Handheld Catering.